New Year, New Me?


As “New Year, New Me” is all the rave these days, I am tempted to ask you this question. What are your New Year’s resolutions?
As the new year has officially started, Many of you might have a to-do list set up for this year. And many of you might think “Only the date is changing, Nothing else”. Nonetheless It is tempting to think of this idea that you are going to become a totally different person as the year starts. It might sound amazing and you may feel that rush of excitement and adrenaline in your body for the time being but, its not practical. I don’t wanna burst your little bubble of excitement but that’s just the way it is.
YOU are amazing just the way you are!! Well, you might have some flaws, We all do. This is what makes us human. But thinking that you will make a 360 degree shift in your life with this “New year, New Me” thing. Or you have to become an totally different person just because a new year is starting. well in my opinion its not true
What I want you to do this year. Instead of New year New me, say New Year, Better me. Say I am amazing as I already am but I am going to make some subtle changes in me so I can reach a whole new level of awesomeness. It might sound cheesy, But trust me this is better than that new year,new me foolishness you have been saying to yourself every year. I am certain many of you haven’t even finished your resolutions which you promised you will achieve in 2018. I am guilty of this too. So this year let’s go for different approach.
Instead of saying that I am going to start hitting the gym and go on a diet starting this January 1st and loose a 100 Pounds. Although this sounds amazing that you want to get back in shape, but it won’t take you far, unless you start making small changes first. It won’t be effective because you have been binge eating junk food, your working hours are hectic and all you wanna do is slack on the couch and watch TV as soon as you get home from work because you are exhausted. some of you might make it through the week. But you will surrender to that muscle ache and your cravings for fast food. So Instead of this, say I’m gonna make healthier choices. I am going to finish my 8 glasses of water everyday day. I am going to eat one slice of pizza instead of two. I am going to start eating salads. before signing up for that hefty gym membership I'm gonna start by working out 20 mins a day at home. Once you start making these subtle changes in your body and your mind, only then you will be able to conquer mountains.
Contrary to this Some of you might want to start a book. And you’re sitting with your laptop and just staring at the blank screen. Thinking of something to write but nothing crosses your mind. This is because you just dived in an ocean without even learning how to swim first. Read other peoples work first. Read all sort of different books. Underline the words whose meaning you don’t know and look them up on a dictionary, memorize those words. Set tiny milestones, say to yourself I’m going to memorize 10 new words each day. And accomplish that and when the week comes to an ends try to write a page using all the new words new just learned. And start writing a book when you feel you have a wide verity of things you can write about.
Want to start school? you have been saying to yourself every year, this is the year I'm gonna go to Fashion School or this year I'm gonna learn how to be a web developer or you said last year that I wanna start a business. but it all comes down to this. "I ain't got enough money for this, or I don't have the time" you keep making these excuses every year. and every new year you make the same resolutions as you did last year. You don't have money? Learn stuff online. there a hundreds of YouTube videos about the very same thing you want to learn. You don't have time? instead of watching that show that you watch so regularly, invest that time in your goals. there are hundreds of people already doing what you want to do. and you can accomplish all of this too. but only if you put in the effort.
And to all my friends who might be reading this while being curved up in a ball under their sheets. Thinking nothing will ever change. Listen to me when i say this, Things will change my dearest. I know for now it might feel like it won’t. But trust me it will. Life is tough but you are tougher. After reading this I want you to get up go outside and look at the sky. Take deep breathes and say to yourself I can do this. Because you can! You can get through all of the pain, anxiety and depression you’re going through. I believe in you 110%. Never give up. Because you are amazing, and don’t let anyone tell your otherwise.
I think you might have an idea where I am going with this. As the saying goes “Slow and steady wins the race”. Try to make subtle changes. Set small goals first before you go for the big guns. And when you accomplish those small goals, trust me you will feel amazing. That sense of accomplishment will take you places you never though was possible. That all being said. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May this year bring you all that you desire…

Comments

Post a Comment